Home

 

 

  • The Domaine Ménard-Gaborit dates back to 1734 and the existence of vineyards around the Moulin de la Minière is confirmed by Napoleon III’s 1857 Land Registry.

In 1914 the Domaine moved into the modern era with the construction of the ageing cellar, an avant-garde concept at the time.

In 1947, the Muscadet was bottled for the first time, by the great-grandfather of the present owners. At that time the vineyard represented about 20 hectares.

The expansion of the vineyard in 2001 came with the purchase of the neighbouring 23 hectares, increasing the Domaine Ménard-Gaborit vineyard to 73 hectares.

In 2008 came the “Reasoned Agriculture” certification by the French Minister of Agriculture and in 2015, we received the HVE (High Environmental Value), the highest rank for our reasoned agriculture.

  • Today, Philippe and Thierry Ménard, the 5th generation, continue the tradition and knowledge, growing vines, picking and processing the grapes through bottling and commercialization using modern production tools: mechanical harvester, thermo-regulated vinification, pneumatic presses, cross-flow filters…

The respect of our Terroir and the search for excellence are our legacy for the coming generations.